A man and wife and child were lost,
Driving in a blizzard of snow.
Their car stalled from a clogged exhaust.
There wasn't anyplace to go.
They huddled close inside the car,
While the storm continued outside.
After a day, no change so far.
To leave them - he had to decide.
He started walking down the road.
All around him was blowing white.
For long hours and miles he strode,
Praying his loved ones were all right.
The wife and child were found okay.
His corpse was found ten yards away.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Agonizing by Ima Ryma )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(3 March 1878 - 9 April 1917)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Poem of the Day
- चादर तेरे प्रित की............., sanjay kumar maurya
- family visit, oskar hansen
- Thank the love gift me the verses by Ra.., Yuri Starostin
- पूनम का चांंद.............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Angelic Figure, Ahmad Husain
- And the Trains Go On, Philip Levine
- Hair-raising, hafiz qasim
- Desperadoes, gajanan mishra
- Beatific, Naveed Khalid
- Bed of lust, Gerald Obinna