Someday there will be all-fire,
Fire enveloping everything;
And also someday there
Will be a consuming chill,
A chill way beyond a sting.
You and I cannot experience
This polarity of fire and ice,
Having reached the Fourth Universe,
Having lived more than twice.
Will we become gods or goldfish, Peering out of the curved bowl, Unable to fathom what we see?
Even gods can lose their reality.
In any case: a gentleman's agreement.
We shall both turn off the TV,
Cease arguing politics and theology,
Waiting for the fire in our life to vent.
'Peace on Earth' is no acrimony;
Just as Stonehenge is constantly a mystery,
Yet all the time in stature stonily.
Stan Petrovich's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Agreement by Stan Petrovich )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Black tulips, Mark Heathcote
- Be Drunk In Love ~Rumi, LUVinThe NOW
- Bon Boy, Birgitta Heikka
- At the Helm of a Dragon, Steven Rhoads
- I Am Only Human, Lilly Emery
- Happy Birthday To Bri! A Fantastic Step-.., Bri Edwards
- JUST ONE AND SINGLE, Juwon Daniel
- Love is God, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Precious gold, Mark Heathcote
- God is Love- 2, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath