Man's Counless Fears
i am stuck here
in some kind of walled-in pit;
had i legs & arms
i might climb out of it.
by the light of the silvery moon
i could see the edges better
but i haven't had eyes since june,
when the weather started getting wetter.
i must listen instead
but i have no ears,
there being nowhere to hide,
i can only crouch in my fears.
fast i can feel my heartbeat
& i wish i had a sweetheart
but no, nothing, no one to touch:
my suffering is a bit overmuch.
i am the proverbial cooked goose
merely a brain
suffused with endless pain
on the loose.
help me, help me, if you can
friends, no men, giants,
fetch me from this frying pan:
i'd sooner take the wallowing
stranded at sea,
seeing the waves swallowing me,
seeing sharks smelling after me and my trail of blood;
but i do not even bleed- -
i am after the mercy of whatever's
Stan Petrovich's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Man's Counless Fears by Stan Petrovich )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Doors Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reproductions Through Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Safest place, gajanan mishra
- To whom I am going, gajanan mishra
- In The Process Of Existence, Naveed Akram
- Thy presence, binod bastola
- My Maiden's Love Is Like A Cloud In June, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- दिल को हरदम dil ko hardam, hasmukh amathalal
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Time be quite, Filippo Stella