Ain't Easy To Move On
As the night falls, and I retire to my bed
I switch off the light, which has turned hot and red.
I lay on the bed as my window lets in the breeze
I snugly fit into my blanket, with perfect comfort and ease.
But as I slowly drift into a quite slumber,
With nothing to distract me, no rhyme, no number
It slowly comes to life, the heart numbing pain
Then my vision gets cloudy, and it begins to rain.
I can't stop crying, for a long long time
No, 'm not okay, no, 'm not fine.
I keep thinking about what I did wrong
Was I not supportive enough? Was I not strong?
Did I not show my love? Did I not care enough?
Was I not important to you? Was loving me so tough?
I am here thinking how easy it was for you
To just take off and move, love someone new.
You say still care about me and value me as friend
But there's nothing you've done to show it, not a single wound you've mend.
So every night in my room, when the day slowly fades
I give up the brave act, I give up my charades
And cry every night to soothe the wounds so deep
'Cos that's my only comfort until I drift off to sleep.
Every morning I wake up, fresh as blossoming flower
Brush my teeth happily and sing in the shower.
I go on with my day, put up a good show
Keep myself distracted, with the day I flow.
But as the sun sets and in comes the night
No matter how hard I try, my tears I cannot fight...
white dove's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ain't Easy To Move On by white dove )
- If You Took The Time To Care, Ronell Warren Alman
- Let's live in Tokyo, Mark Heathcote
- Second class soul, Liss March
- Yes, I am on this wheel, gajanan mishra
- TWO LOVERS ON A PORCH IN THE MIDWEST, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- See and feel, gajanan mishra
- Am i here by virtue of the shadows, cristobal Benjumea
- SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT THE SUN, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- I am always with you, gajanan mishra
- SOFT POCKET HERCULES, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)