The Ya-Du or ritú (season) is stanzaic form dedicated to the seasons.
The theme should express the emotions the seasons evoke.
The form is a 15th century Burmese pattern using a climbing rhyme.
The Ya-Du is:
syllabic. L1 to L4 tetrasyllabic (4) and L5 may be 5,7,9, or 11 syllables.4-4-4-4-(5,7,9, or 11)
stanzaic, written in no more than 3 cinquains.
rhymed. The form employs a climbing rhyme in which the 4th syllable of L1 rhymes with the 3rd syllable of L2 and the 2nd syllable of L3. L4 and L5 end rhyme.
dedicated to the seasons and the emotions they evoke.
They hope to reap
Trust to heap gain
Just keep toiling
work hard, watch, wait
To harvest profit
But lo their fate
Brings them waste lot
To hate sudden
Havoc of storm
Untimely to harm
Indira Renganathan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alankar(Decor) -134 by Indira Renganathan )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Like A Needle And A Thread Did Wed (By S.., Anastasia Hunt
- snow at school, Juwon Daniel
- Be At Peace, Michael P. McParland
- Filing Bankruptcy, Susan Lacovara
- winter snow, Juwon Daniel
- Come Hold Me 3, Michael P. McParland
- Autumn, Andrea Vescovo
- I Love You Kira 6, Michael P. McParland
- sonnet 6: God of snow, Juwon Daniel
- Late Payment, Angela Wybrow