We're the poor people, O dad! How did we become poor people? We don't know, O dad! We're poor people, By God, Our cares accompany us Everywhere, but We haven't forgotten our friends, We got exhausted and we got tired, We got up and we got slept, but We're still poor people, Even if days change, but We keep as we're, We're amid a toiling life, We're always far from pretty things, We fly like a passing cloud, Our hearts got broke from Our friends' oppression, Our breakfast, Our lunch, and Our dinner are consisting of Kushari, beans (Foul) , Flafel, watercress, and................. We're all poor people (GHALABA) In the time being, In its taste, In its song, In its love, Everyone tells that we're Ghalaba (poor people) , We die and we live in poverty, We live and we die in poverty, No other words! No other words too! Even in USA, There are a lot of poor people (Ghalaba) , In the poor's book, Only we see the poor people, We never sleep By day and by night, We're tired, We never feel pretty, but A little bit happy, The poor people's happiness, but We remain Ghalaba (poor people) , O dad!
MOHAMMAD SKATI's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ALGHALABA الغلابة by MOHAMMAD SKATI )
Did you read them?
- unheard pleas, cheynne dries
- The Mild Tiger Among Wild Men, rajendran muthiah
- dont take your life, cheynne dries
- My Life, M.J Donnchadh
- The Living Mirror, Jessica Gabanyic
- caked mud on the doorbell, Mandolyn ...
- Magnificent Armada, Saiom Shriver
- What is final, gajanan mishra
- ZZ Ernest Johnson, MD, Saiom Shriver
- soaking in the arms of a phantom, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)