Res John Burman
A parcel returned.
‘Addressee Not Known! ’
I phoned to check
But the address was right.
“What name are you living under? ”
He told me.
“What’s that, ” I asked, “an alias? ”
No, No, ” he said,
“That’s my proper name,
The one you use is my alias! ”
I’ve only known him
Forty four years!
It was easier in the old days
When none of us
And I was known as
Res John Burman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Alias' by Res John Burman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Your Mind, Nicholas Smith
- No matter- if you, gajanan mishra
- How Long iS yOUr List of Shoulds?, Monk E. Biz
- The Love Train Rolls, chug a chug a chuga, Monk E. Biz
- Ill-fated, gajanan mishra
- An Agonizing Cry, Valsa George
- Patterns Followed On Aging Fabric, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Documenting Of Those Endeavors, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Courage, Lilly Emery
- Bijay Kant Dubey An Expert on Jayanta Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey