Lawrence S. Pertillar
Yet deceptions used,
None the less.
That's what alibis are.
And those who revere alibis,
Pride as if prized...
For their quickness to tell lies.
Treating those who do not,
As losing fools.
And those who seem to be depicted,
More than likely live better lives,
With few or no excuses to make to anyone.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alibis by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Thank You Lord, Kathryn Tyler King
- I Wanted You To Know, Spiritwind Wood
- Light Of Heaven, Spiritwind Wood
- Through Echoes Of The Wind, Spiritwind Wood
- Zophy, Luo Zhihai
- The Grotto, David Lewis Paget
- Heaven's Only Angel, Spiritwind Wood
- Deeper into the Sea, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Made Electric By The Moon, Is It Poetry
- It's all in your head, Yisel Chong