Lawrence S. Pertillar
(The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
Somehow the meaninglessness...
Many describe as senseless,
Has a meaningfulness...
In a useful kind of way.
The acceptance of a nothingness...
As it is applied,
Has a purpose that drives curiosities...
To perceive a conception connected,
With a totalness lived.
Yet arguably not perfected.
And rejecting this completion given,
As 'part of' a mural of existence...
Does not validate,
Like a timeless void without exits.
And since there aren't any witnessed...
Since there is an attention given it.
Even within the abstraction that attracts,
A collective misunderstanding of what it is.
Whatever it is,
You and I try scientifically to determine.
In our limited mindsets to fit it in.
And even if that meaningless nothing,
Is described as senseless...
There is a meaningfulness of it,
That is with us here to stay!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((The) Acceptance of a Nothingness by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- It's The Whys That Makes Us Suffer, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- Dessert With Youngest Son, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Loving Couple, Ronell Warren Alman
- Could he be right?, Von Kimball Barney
- You Are My Strength, greg paul
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey