All Eyes Open
This so called planet that we call Earth
is busy dying because we gave birth
to new technology
and new found gold.
Greediness and selfishness
that cannot be controlled.
All the pollution and all the crime
All the cities and countries combined
Fires and volcanoes
rain pouring down
Open your eyes
and look around.
For in the future there'll be nothing
and then we can ask:
who will be laughing?
We all will die,
there's no doubt about that.
We'll be unable to survive,
that's a fact!
Maybe happiness now,
But tears later on.
In a couple of years
We'll all be gone.
Loraine Lotter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All Eyes Open by Loraine Lotter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Prospects For Peace, Denys E. W. Jones
- I am the Zee, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Daisies, Mark Heathcote
- Sailing away, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Altered reality, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Family Reunion, Lawrence Beck
- EIDIA العيدية (MONEY GIVEN BY PARENTS TO.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Valentine, mary douglas
- GOD'S GLORY, Tom Zart
- Even After Us, Naveed Akram