All I Should Be & More
I’m madly in love with a wonderful woman
Who thank heaven chose to be my wife.
She gives me reason, purpose and desire
To be grateful day and night for my life.
I never tire of dreaming of next time
Her and I become as one, once more.
When we make love we’re blessed by heaven
With happiness, trust, fulfillment and visions of before.
Not a day slips by I fail to recall
Asleep or awake what she means to me.
She’s best of the best of God’s gift of life
As I struggle to become all I should be.
Many champions of God’s Divine Bible
Had someone who captivated their eye.
Before long they were so in involved
They were willing to risk everything or die.
My wife to me is God’s blessing of love
Even though I was forced to live without her too long.
I’m totally aware of what she does for me
As from my heart flow the words of this song.
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
Tom’s 601 Poems Are Free To Share
Comments about this poem (All I Should Be & More by Tom Zart )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
Poem of the Day
- Getting Something Wanted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- God Provides, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People Think They Can Be Saved, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Your Work, Vera Sidhwa
- Volkstrauertag, Wolfgang Steinmann
- My Love Story, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Immensely Tantalized, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The World's Artistic Wheel, Sandra Feldman
- like being kissed in the middle of a ret.., Mandolyn ...
- Clink, Clink, Kumarmani Mahakul