All The Demons And Ghosts
You have stolen my 'todays', yet you shan't steal my tomorrow-
Thought upon your deceitful ruse surely hastens sorrow!
Nary shall there be, for you, a proper penance,
Somehow though, you must come to truth's acceptance!
The only way to take leave of your deceit-
Is to allow for my truth to defeat,
All the Demons and Ghosts
Responsible for your shame, the most!
For if but only, our children's posterity
You owe, at the least, your honesty!
Without such, your downfall you have surely brought,
As is, to tell the truth, is what you ought!
They say: 'the truth shall set you free'-at least you, it shall keep-
Otherwise choice made, causes my heart's weep!
3 August 2008
Maurice Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All The Demons And Ghosts by Maurice Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Pools Of Deathness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- HIdden Clock, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 'Poem Time', Wolfie Scott
- It is what it is, The Princess
- hey stickshift, it's like this..., Mandolyn ...
- Dreams, Tony Adah
- Godlike, Lawrence Beck
- Commodore Lionel B. Richie, Richard Thripp
- Her Kindness Is Real, Nihil Existentia
- TRAITORS خونة - خائنين, MOHAMMAD SKATI