Kathleen J. Shields
I sit here on the couch and watch TV
Sometimes it’s the only thing there is for me
Fore when you’re gone there’s nothing here
But an empty void and a drying tear
I know that you’ll be back
I don’t worry about that
But the time is slow and oh so quiet
And within my soul there is a riot
One week to two turns into three
And not even an outing or a shopping spree
Could keep my mind from thinking of you
When you’re so far away what can I do?
We talk on the phone but that’s not enough
And each little goodbye get’s increasingly tough
And since longing makes the heart grow fonder
My dreams they take me out to wander
But no matter what we will survive
And life is good when you finally arrive
So until that day I sit here waiting
On my computer always creating.
Kathleen J. Shields's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone by Kathleen J. Shields )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Misconceptions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- JULEKALENDER # IX, Gunnar Mo.
- JULEKALENDER # VI, Gunnar Mo.
- Reflection, Viviana Helianos
- Loveliest friend the life., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Artist, Phil Soar
- Transcending love, Viviana Helianos
- JULEKALENDER # V, Gunnar Mo.
- Those moments of weakness, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- lost, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI