Alone am I and wondering why.
All I ever wanted was someone to love
A sweet, loving man who loved me too.
I did love several but they weren't right.
So here I am in my twilight years amid
my memories and my tears.
I guess it just wasn't meant to be
someone who loved only me.
Life isn't so bad, I'm quite content
except when I wonder why I wasn't sent,
A loving man who loved only me.
We never know what is to be,
but I'm thankful Lord for what you've given me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone by Barbara Stahly )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Lard, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Road to Silence, John F. McCullagh
- UH-1 Iroquois, Kyle Schlicher
- Owl-Moon Night & The Rickshaw-puller, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Sagacious Senryus, Diane Hine
- A miner 49er (golden dreams), Monk E. Biz
- SATELLITE MOUTHS, alexander opicho
- Praying A Relief, Amitava Sur
- Infant Morning, Kyle Schlicher
- Broken Homes?, Ellirie Aviles