Dear dad, I never got to tell you
what you really meant to me.
I wanted to be your little girl
and sit upon your knee
to hug and kiss you
I never got to do
as you were unemotional
and I was scared of you.
I didn't really know you
although I wanted to
I know you loved me dad
and I loved you.
The day will come when we
will meet again
and I will sit upon your lap
and you will be my friend.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dad by Barbara Stahly )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Blue Booby, James Tate
- Shroud of the Gnome, James Tate
- Poem to Some of My Recent Poems, James Tate
- Life is too Short for Love, Akhtar Jawad
- On the Subject of Doctors, James Tate
- Failed Tribute to the Stonemason of Tor .., James Tate
- A Wedding, James Tate
- I am not a religious and god centric:, binod bastola
- Call from Cupid, binod bastola
- A Vagabond, James Tate