Dear dad, I never got to tell you
what you really meant to me.
I wanted to be your little girl
and sit upon your knee
to hug and kiss you
I never got to do
as you were unemotional
and I was scared of you.
I didn't really know you
although I wanted to
I know you loved me dad
and I loved you.
The day will come when we
will meet again
and I will sit upon your lap
and you will be my friend.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dad by Barbara Stahly )
- Sab bhar kiya tha..., Azhar Sabri
- Taqraar mohabbat me..., Azhar Sabri
- In Joyous Distress, Margaret Alice Second
- PRETTY THOUGHTS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 如果爱是守候, qin xing
- Strife, Md. Asadullah
- 'MY FAMILY', paul fornillos
- ~ Eyes ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Panama Canal, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out At Pelletier's, Edgar Albert Guest