Dear dad, I never got to tell you
what you really meant to me.
I wanted to be your little girl
and sit upon your knee
to hug and kiss you
I never got to do
as you were unemotional
and I was scared of you.
I didn't really know you
although I wanted to
I know you loved me dad
and I loved you.
The day will come when we
will meet again
and I will sit upon your lap
and you will be my friend.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dad by Barbara Stahly )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Simile, Monica Lanier
- Mental Evasions, Monica Lanier
- G I N A, hasmukh amathalal
- Esteemed, Monica Lanier
- बैसागुनि आगान, Bahadur Basumatary
- sTiLL the MOON mOVEs On PaSt MidNiGht ca.., sEaN nOrTh
- Released, Mehradad Nosrati
- Certain Feelings, Rohit Sapra
- Troubled Situations, Monica Lanier
- Keep heart open, hasmukh amathalal