I was planning a trip abroad,
Never been out of U.S.A.
But recent news at me has gnawed -
More and more baddies get away
Harming Americans who are
In the wrong place at the wrong time.
The State Department, insofar,
As helping victims of such crime,
Does only really huff and puff
In diplomatic useless tone.
In foreign lands, with foreign stuff,
Americans are on their own.
I am staying home, cuz I know
I'll be safe here in Chicago.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone Abroad by Ima Ryma )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Percy Bysshe Shelley