Alone I Stand
I walk alone.
Me, my soul, mind, and body.
There is an inferno of turmoil directed
at us for what we have become.
This is neither a wanted change nor a needed response.
Yet therein lies the devil in waiting,
those who are not nor cannot concern themselves us.
It is a burden to be our friend in this hour of need.
Amazing the true colors they only show under such duress.
So here I stand alone just me and my disability.
Stacy George's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone I Stand by Stacy George )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My plaints, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- The Blind's thought, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Like a snake, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- Time. Us. Stay., Eleonora Bistrianu
- Scuttled away, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Exist. Exist. Exist., Eleonora Bistrianu
- I'm His Angel 4 Life, Samantha Jorgensen
- Vulnurable, Somanathan Iyer
- Only to be experienced!, Somanathan Iyer