! ! ! Am I Crazy
Words that keep on coming
into my crazy mind, but why?
they enter they run around,
confuse, they drive me mad.
Nuisance this world of ours,
silly too the words that come,
they go away to come again,
in and out, they roundabout.
Turning they fly into my mind,
where or how who made these
crazy words come in, silly too
To I find my mind so troubled.
Am I mad, am I sane, am I crazy,
am I nuts, am I around the bend,
am I creating, do I have a problem,
do I have a gift for crazy thoughts?
Is it wrong to question, wrong to ask,
is the world mad or am I pretty dumb,
or should I become like a good sheep,
become a flock, a clique, a tag along?
I need to have an answer or a reply;
life is everywhere, so beautiful to see,
people love, they have their families,
they help each other, they marry too.
In all the crazy words, questions found;
if our world is full of beauty, full of growth,
if we love someone who is a human being,
a member of the human race that cares.
Most try to make a better world to live,
yet some who believe in this or that,
try to sweep the love the care away,
they kill, they hurt, they make the war.
Why use weapons to destroy beauty
of our world, make the bombs, the guns
that kill, spoil our world, hurt, injure
wound people, damage work that’s built?
If you can say my crazy words are wrong,
and give good reasons why you’d rather war,
kill people, destroy their homes their lives,
destroy trust, truth, spread hate not love.
Than live a life of love, harmony, of peace.
Convince me of your love for all mankind,
Only then and with much persuasion will I
be a good sheep, who follows, tags along.
Indifferent, unconcerned by worlds at war.
Bob Blackwell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (! ! ! Am I Crazy by Bob Blackwell )
- Path Of No Resistance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If Love... The This Follow...., Luis Estable
- Can This Be My Mistake, Luis Estable
- He was a carpenter. He worked with wood., Royston Allen
- An Open Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.54, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.53, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.52, Monk E. Biz
- That Kid Is Me, Luis Estable
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.51, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)