Am I Hearing Things?
Shh. Be quiet.
Demons are flying free.
They're headed for you.
Shh. Do you hear that?
A monster is showing himself.
His shadow is slowly appearing
on the cold ground.
Shh. What was that sound?
It was me.
I'm opening Hell's gate.
The shiver down your spine
will never dissipate.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Am I Hearing Things? by Felicity Slaughter )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- [CW]Watch The Flash Season 1 Episode 11 .., Renz Barns
Poem of the Day
- On Learning in Texas of East Coast Winte.., Bill Grace
- I'm ill, lee fones
- Goodnight My Love, Michael P. McParland
- THEM and the Next Avatar, douglas scotney
- The Devine Write of Poets, Sandra Feldman
- Poema, Samuel Smith
- Roses are Red, Mr. Spock
- Black on White and briefly Red, Diane Hine
- Enduring Faith, Dr John Celes
- "Enduring Faith', Dr John Celes