Cigarettes and Ink
Shaken and tossed, completely ignored.
I am alone and forgotten.
It seems I'm invisible.
Faliing into a black hole,
a dark abyss, crying salty tears.
For a torturous lullaby has returned.
It haunts me. Its bitter tones,
dancing in my head. They tell me I'm
not living up to par.
I wish there was an escape.
With nowhere to turn I hide
from those I trusted.
I am afraid for my life.
For I am transforming.
Shaped by cigarettes and ink
I am not the girl I once was.
My demons are returning.
They come with a newfound vengeance
unlike anything experienced before.
Glorifying sharp revenge and blunt rage,
They scream aloud: 'You will never win! '
My furute seems too far away.
I see no solution.
And so, I will sit in my
Felicity Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cigarettes and Ink by Felicity Slaughter )
- 순천(순천) ANMA℡０１０↘２１７８↘９５０５↘순천 MASSAJE, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- My Grandfather's Sweater, Eric Ericson
- 순천 MASSAJE⊙０１０◈４８３１◈３２１１⊙순천 ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 순천 ANMA¿０１０¿５９３３¿０４３７¿순천 ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- Limerick.26. Beware!, Valsa George
- 순천 ANMA MASSAJE 010 ５９４６ ０３７７순천(순천) ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 순천(순천) ANMA》０１０ ４８６７ ７５８２《순천(순천) ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 춘천 ANMA (ANMA) ☏０１０♭４８６７♭７５８２●춘천 MASSAJE, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 춘천(춘천) ANMA℡０１０↘２１７８↘９５０５↘춘천 MASSAJE, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 춘천 MASSAJE⊙０１０◈４８３１◈３２１１⊙춘천 ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Success After Falls, Varun Silva
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
- Garrett Westcott
(3rd April 19sixty)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)