Cigarettes and Ink
Shaken and tossed, completely ignored.
I am alone and forgotten.
It seems I'm invisible.
Faliing into a black hole,
a dark abyss, crying salty tears.
For a torturous lullaby has returned.
It haunts me. Its bitter tones,
dancing in my head. They tell me I'm
not living up to par.
I wish there was an escape.
With nowhere to turn I hide
from those I trusted.
I am afraid for my life.
For I am transforming.
Shaped by cigarettes and ink
I am not the girl I once was.
My demons are returning.
They come with a newfound vengeance
unlike anything experienced before.
Glorifying sharp revenge and blunt rage,
They scream aloud: 'You will never win! '
My furute seems too far away.
I see no solution.
And so, I will sit in my
Felicity Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cigarettes and Ink by Felicity Slaughter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- ...as mine, Marites C. Cayetano
- The Old Men Do Not Fear, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Old Soldiers' Song, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Poets Were Hunted, Bulat Okudzhava
- Sister Of Mine, Bulat Okudzhava
- There's The Special Music, Bulat Okudzhava
- They Killed My Father, Bulat Okudzhava
- Why Are You So Sad, Bulat Okudzhava
- Rivals, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- ODE TO COLONEL GADDAFI, alexander opicho