Am I Pretty Enough Now?
I once knew this girl,
she loved this boy oh so much,
finally one day,
she got the courage to tell him,
exactly how she felt.
Only to find out,
that the boy didn't like her in that way,
and everyday she would ask him why?
then one day,
he told her the reason,
he said'Because your not pretty! '.
She sat there,
after he left,
crying her heart out,
then her mom calls,
says'sweetheart, come home a few hours early'.
So on that faithful day,
she comes home early,
goes in the bathroom,
and knows exactly what she's going to do,
finally a few hours later,
her mom comes home,
only to find....
The hallway flooded,
she goes in the bathroom,
water over flowing,
and finds her daughter laying in the tube,
cuts on her face and wrists.
She runs out the bath,
screaming going to call the cops,
when she notice's something written on the mirror,
and it says'Am I Pretty Enough Now? '.
I know this tale is sad,
but here's what you can learn,
no matter who you are,
boy or girl,
don't put anyone in this situation,
cuz you'll end up living with this thought,
for the rest of your life......
: : end: :
Broken Angel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Am I Pretty Enough Now? by Broken Angel )
- Consoling Arms, Gerry Legister
- islamic state, douglas scotney
- Blame not the stars, gajanan mishra
- Emptyness, advija hrustic
- Lay Me Down, Myrtle Thomas
- Dessert Deluge ..... [ 'just' DESSERTS,.., Bri Edwards
- Standard asset, gajanan mishra
- AnyThing In ReTurn, Kewayne Wadley
- If all we know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)