Am I Pretty Enough Now?
I once knew this girl,
she loved this boy oh so much,
finally one day,
she got the courage to tell him,
exactly how she felt.
Only to find out,
that the boy didn't like her in that way,
and everyday she would ask him why?
then one day,
he told her the reason,
he said'Because your not pretty! '.
She sat there,
after he left,
crying her heart out,
then her mom calls,
says'sweetheart, come home a few hours early'.
So on that faithful day,
she comes home early,
goes in the bathroom,
and knows exactly what she's going to do,
finally a few hours later,
her mom comes home,
only to find....
The hallway flooded,
she goes in the bathroom,
water over flowing,
and finds her daughter laying in the tube,
cuts on her face and wrists.
She runs out the bath,
screaming going to call the cops,
when she notice's something written on the mirror,
and it says'Am I Pretty Enough Now? '.
I know this tale is sad,
but here's what you can learn,
no matter who you are,
boy or girl,
don't put anyone in this situation,
cuz you'll end up living with this thought,
for the rest of your life......
: : end: :
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Am I Pretty Enough Now? by Broken Angel )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Mizzle, Juan Olivarez
- I Found Life vis-à-vis Washing Machine, Harindhar Reddy
- Your Life Together, Bill Galvin
- When Your Heaven Called, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- साज मिटाना होगा - a spurrier that must b.., yashovardhan kulkarni
- Peaceful living., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Peace in the world., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Tree, Cee Bea
- The hat, michael hagwood
- खुश होते कहीं - could I have been happy?, yashovardhan kulkarni