John W. McEwers
Ambulance in Aisle Four!
It's where they sell canned foods in the grocery store!
There's been an accident!
A terrible fall!
Somebody, we need an ambulance,
Somebody make the call!
A man there has fallen,
his eyes have rolled back,
Just before he went down,
He said, 'It's a heart attack! '
I'm not sure how he knew,
Had he had one before?
In his cart were canned olives,
Canned ham, and no more.
John W. McEwers's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ambulance in Aisle Four! by John W. McEwers )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Waves, gajanan mishra
- having a stroke inside a straight line, Mandolyn Davidson
- leaving is losing a million things to say, Mandolyn Davidson
- Hopeless, David Whalen
- Say, whatever you like, gajanan mishra
- I Hate Time, Sandra Feldman
- Next Door, Anna Linton
- How do I sleep, Lore Me34
- You Are My Master, Lilly Emery
- Summer time to have fun, Arafat Driche