John W. McEwers
Ambulance in Aisle Four!
It's where they sell canned foods in the grocery store!
There's been an accident!
A terrible fall!
Somebody, we need an ambulance,
Somebody make the call!
A man there has fallen,
his eyes have rolled back,
Just before he went down,
He said, 'It's a heart attack! '
I'm not sure how he knew,
Had he had one before?
In his cart were canned olives,
Canned ham, and no more.
John W. McEwers's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ambulance in Aisle Four! by John W. McEwers )
- Catch the Moon, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- I Could Not Find My Way Free, Shalom Freedman
- Sailstarred, Sandsifting, Seaweed Script.., Saiom Shriver
- The art of love and affection!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Heaven with the Creator, Althea Marshall Wypyszczak
- Prison diary, Shikdar Waliuzzaman
- Mules, Saiom Shriver
- Abandoned Cocoon, Saiom Shriver
- I would cross, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Sometimes, Mark Webster
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)