Above my head the stars shine bright,
beneath my feet the pavement coarse.
In a chaotic world not feeling right,
I scream and curse, my throat is hoarse.
A sea of hurt, waves break upon me,
I am dragged away from shore,
I gasp for breath struggling to be free,
so weary now, fear soon I'll be no more.
But in my life's darkest hour,
an angel swoops into view.
She fills my soul, with love and power,
My angel, my love, my you!
Jojoba Mansell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Angel by Jojoba Mansell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Romantic Blue, Sandra Feldman
- This woman's my guilty pleasure, Mark Heathcote
- Him, Brianna Kimball
- Belonging., megan selepe
- Drive from within in., megan selepe
- Passion, megan selepe
- It wokes me up, Didith Marcelo
- World of Joy, sherif monem
- JOEL OSTEEN POEM = CHILD OF GOD, Tom Zart
- Brick, Catya Prager