A path is laid out ahead,
it forks before your feet.
A decision filled with dread,
uncertain of what you’ll meet.
A game full of chance,
of many hidden pit falls.
To find true romance,
dare you risk losing all?
Choices never easy to make,
fog seems to cloud your way.
You fear making a mistake,
of gambling and losing the day.
But life is full of Hard Choices,
And risk is part of the game.
Be brave, ignore doubting voices,
make the choice, life won’t be the same.
Jojoba Mansell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hard Choices by Jojoba Mansell )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1878 - 3 May 1916)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 August 1880 – 9 November 1918)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Love's Substitute, Bernard O'Dowd
Poem of the Day
- Vivaciousness, hafiz qasim
- Christmas 2014-1914, Darlene Walsh
- Without You, Gillu Rahul
- Wordly, hafiz qasim
- In Blue December Breaking Off The Icicle.., mary douglas
- December 10-11- season bonus, Mae AC.
- Mountainclimber, hafiz qasim
- Miss Legs, Dorsey Baker
- A Lesson to Fur and Leather Entertainers, rohan bendre
- Love Is Here To Stay, Dorsey Baker