It's been such a long, long time.
The winter seasons bit my hands
Leaving traces of frostbite on my fingers
Trailing beneath the skin.
Blood pumped lethal cool to my head
And nothing happened,
Save the total halt of all thoughts to the contrary.
My fingers thawed when sun first lit
Upon the pages of my skin,
Flighting away the cool winter deadness.
Spring is a new beginning,
Certainly for poems that lie dormant in ice.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Apology by Liz Annson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Four Nails, Jeff Gangwer
- Nobody Will Ever Read This, Jeff Gangwer
- Perspective, Hirotsugu Daba
- Please Don't Ask Me, 'How Are You? ', LUVinThe NOW
- "...so I can disappear", Jeff Gangwer
- Ted Bundy's Mine, Jeff Gangwer
- Not a drama, gajanan mishra
- Chain Verse: Believe in God, Dr John Celes
- 'Cold Sun', Quenten McClellan
- Foreign bird, gajanan mishra