Beauty is within your eyes
Not hair; so fair like summer fire
But within the eyes,
An ashen blue
So bright they burn to her from you
Beauty is within your walk
Not shape; nor cape of velvet dew
But within your walk,
Your sway from sides
Though people say your gait is wide
Beauty is within your thoughts
Not your colour; another has the same
But within your thoughts,
Your silver liquid mind like mine,
Though people say your gait is wide,
Though people only mind your colour,
Though people want your hair to smother,
Beauty is within your mind.
Your mind like starlight,
Almost too kind to all that view you,
To all you see.
You must know, to me
That beauty reigns within your mind.
Dedicated to Laura Waddington, mother.
I love you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beautiful by Liz Annson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- BY Design, Terrance Tracy
- The Man of War and Flowers, Daniel Skentelbery
- Honest Love, Ronald Chapman
- Homage to Sarah Geronimo 'The Pop Star P.., Ronald Chapman
- False Prophets, Dexsta Ray
- scenic scene, lee fones
- Hold On, Ronald Chapman
- Very simple life, hasmukh amathalal
- SeeAn (Name Poem), Ronald Chapman