Beauty is within your eyes
Not hair; so fair like summer fire
But within the eyes,
An ashen blue
So bright they burn to her from you
Beauty is within your walk
Not shape; nor cape of velvet dew
But within your walk,
Your sway from sides
Though people say your gait is wide
Beauty is within your thoughts
Not your colour; another has the same
But within your thoughts,
Your silver liquid mind like mine,
Though people say your gait is wide,
Though people only mind your colour,
Though people want your hair to smother,
Beauty is within your mind.
Your mind like starlight,
Almost too kind to all that view you,
To all you see.
You must know, to me
That beauty reigns within your mind.
Dedicated to Laura Waddington, mother.
I love you.
Liz Annson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beautiful by Liz Annson )
- Prohibited passions, Luca Menin
- When Life Turns Topsyturvy, Toshie Nohara
- Oneiros, Don Prem Legaspi
- Ah, me!, Frank Avon
- The man and the mirror, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Restive journey away from home, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Suryakant Tripathi 'Nirala'
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)