An Arrogate Fool
I can’t play an instrument,
Yet, I can bang a warning on a drum!
I can’t sing a pleasant tune,
Yet, I have harmony in poetic form.
I will keep banging a warning, till you hear my song!
Having little money, but rich with friends hearing my cry!
A concert of drums for those in the know and not afraid to die,
Eerie sounds of night drums, at many tribes chants.
A Calvary charge rings out at an arrogant general’s behest.
The arrogant general heeded not the warning,
Of many tribes assembling drum fests.
The general and his men died in a circle,
With many arrows in their chest,
The arrogant general died disgraced,
Left to bleed out,
As his scalp was cut from his head…
Howard Kern's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Arrogate Fool by Howard Kern )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- The Heavy Thumb, Gouda Moon
- hope of hopes, Thampi KEE
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -99, Ronjoy Brahma
- But It's Over, Tex T Sarnie
- The Opposing Thumb, Gouda Moon
- जोनोमगिरि आय, Ronjoy Brahma
- When your Birthday Falls on Christmas..., Dr John Celes
- Me, Myself, Tex T Sarnie
- For to Be A Poetess, I Left My Husband, .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- बैसागु, Ronjoy Brahma