An enemy or a friend..
When I fight for my rights,
I call myself as a patriot,
When you fight for your rights,
I call you as a terrorist.
When I kill thousands,
With the push of a button,
Traveling in the ported armors,
I am on a mission with full protective gear.
When you are the weapon,
You have nothing but irritation,
On the system that annihilates and refuses,
You are a terror, sacrificing your breath.
Our beliefs separate us,
For me to be the police,
And you to be the thief,
Let us play hide and seek.
This game will never end,
The weapon factories will starve,
We need the battle ground,
The ethnic groups are in clash.
Let us have the round table conference,
Where I shall speak what you think,
Georges wanted the head counts,
Clinton sought the peace and entertainment,
The share holders have waited for the interest,
The war between us will never cease to end,
Previously it was the land, now it is the fuel,
In future we don’t know what we need,
But I know the war between us will not end.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An enemy or a friend.. by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- The Power, Rahman Henry
- today the body tomorrow the heart, RIC S. BASTASA
- Blocks Of Puzzle Pieces, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the price you pay of course, is loss of .., RIC S. BASTASA
- time does not sleep this time. the windo.., RIC S. BASTASA
- something that is better if uncertain, RIC S. BASTASA
- You pour your mercy., RIC S. BASTASA
- 413, Narcia Lily
- To drive a point, i collect pebbles and .., RIC S. BASTASA
- I follow the smoke, and sigh, RIC S. BASTASA