An English Spring Ramble
Spring is here in every new budding leaf
that flourishes beneath
this vast expansive sky of baby blue.
Wild pink cherry in blossom by the road
covers soft yellow daffodils on show,
fav'rite colours in a nursery hue.
Push'd into this expectant painted world
first lambs, tails unfurled
wobble under udders in fields of green.
Along hedgerows where I slowly amble,
deep within the ancient knotted bramble
Tree Sparrows flitter and twitter unseen.
Walking with my eyes and heart wide open
silent words unspoken,
the wayside has its own story to tell.
The wild birds' spring symphony holds me
standing here beneath the sunlit cherry
looking through branches at a clear blue sky.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An English Spring Ramble by Diana Rosser )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Inner Vault, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Written Soul, Christina de Vries
- Ah Fountains Of Thoughts, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- The Hunting Of Dark Angel, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Cracks, petra pen
- FAITH, GREED & INTEGRITY, Tom Zart
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Security Is A Pain, John deVries
- Simply Spoken Melting Crystals, Heather Burns
- There Was..., Aparna Chatterjee