hajara abdul khader
An Epitaph for MJ
The world has lost a king.
Music is in chaos; it bewails his loss,
The one whose life was music.
All danced to his tune;
Now he lies low,
6 feet down,
Waiting for His Grace.
We pray for him,
The one whose music was prayer,
'Heal the world
Make it a better place
For you and for me
And the entire human race'.
Let us pray in unison for this great soul
Whose food was music
And music alone...
'If music be the food of love, play on....'
No music reigned above him,
But it sprang from his soul,
Whose spirit was music.
The charm of music lies within,
And from therein comes his voice.
He reigned like a fresh bloom
In the garden of music.
He’s gone from earth,
But not from our hearts...
He stays behind,
For coming generations...
There’s no end for MJ...
hajara abdul khader's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Epitaph for MJ by hajara abdul khader )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Says he was in Falluja, Gouda Moon
- Labyrinth of Ghost, Aftab Alam
- Waiting for unknown, sultan mahmud
- SYNC 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- First meeting, Kristopher DeLander
- Hope, Kristopher DeLander
- Silence Is A Beauty To Endure, Monk E. Biz
- Home, Kindred velarde
- Why? Why? Why?, Praghyanjali Pal
- I Cannot At Will Summon The Tone Of Beauty, Shalom Freedman