An Evening; Someone with a painting at a Seaside
[At the foot of a Lighthouse one finds darkness.]-Spanish Proverb
When the evening star twinkles
in the purple sky
He takes his brush
and paints her secret eyes.
But the eyes seek another face
beyond the skies?
When the fishing boats toss in the deep sea
He sketches her uneasy heart
that departs from his sacred port?
And when the birds fly to their roosts
He too takes his satchel and gets ready
to go back to his old lonely hut.
He watches in the twilight sky
faraway a sad star burns in the colour of Red!
Like his weeping soul.
O those foot prints on the beach
wash away by the rough waves
and the darkness fall!
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Evening; Someone with a painting at a Seaside by nimal dunuhinga )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- January’s Sad Refrain, Teresa Dearing
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- A Man Of Different Charectarestics, Musa Ndhlovu
- Ever Hike in Hope, Pintu Mahakul
- The Past, Eugene Latumbo
- Lovely Hand, Pintu Mahakul
- There you are, Cee Bea
- Memories:, Gaurav Pandey
- Loneliness, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Christmas Tree, Zoila T. Flores
- I Did Not Ask Him, But Said He, I Am A M.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- An Umbrella, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan