Eyes as round as painted rocks,
Curling at the edges, yet duller than before.
Where a reflection would normally lightly glean
There is stark darkness surrounded by deep blue.
As an ocean where the brightest light hardly touches.
At the center a perfectly black circle.
A great void, no human being could draw.
It pulses, slowly beating - expanding and contracting,
The striations of a thousand different shades of blue
Bulge and thin to the beat of a slowing heart.
It is angry, thick with black sludge that seeps out
As you stare at it, deep in thoughtless though.
A pulse perfectly even, thickening sludge.
The fear of what is lurking begins to risen heat in the veins
Turning hot red, hair on the back of the neck stands stiff.
Eyes widen, as the backwards thoughts scream run.
But it is all taboo, to see that evil thing.
Let it rise out and wreak chaos, starve everything.
Feeling of the blackness pouring out of it, thick slime,
Slightly coagulated and recurring back into itself.
A sludge soaked claw scratches at the edges of the center.
Pouring over into itself, crushing it's own creator.
Hastily, the fear itself takes over in violent shades color,
Piercing through the brain and forcing you to shut your own eyes
And turn away from the mirror.
Emily Beck's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An EyeBall by Emily Beck )
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver