an interview with god
And they say
they are pilgrims
they are doing it for their God's sake
In a country
where 'patriots' are born
just before every cricket match
it's very unpatriotic to spreak the truth
last night some men with long beard
were held for having terrorist links
they were auto rickshaw drivers
had a home
father mother and lovely wives
everything was right
but the problem is
they say 'Alla ho akbar'
instead of 'Jai Sri ram'
and who knows
some day they might come with
'WMD'..for they have long beard
you can't make an ommlet
without braeking an egg
each time they are held
some hundread potential terrorsts come alive
in this country
full of terrorist and it's counter terrorst
I wonder! who belongs to none
why we have history books?
'Aurangzeb was a bloody ruler'
'tipu sultan hadn't done much to india'
I wonder if Aurnagzeb's were a hindu!
if the color of his flag were saffron not green
and why tipu should give expalination
'Oh my indo-yankees, I was indian first muslim later'
I wonder why do I need a color?
to show I'm a patriot
why do I need to prove my identity?
if being religious means hating others
why shouldn't I reamain atheist?
why people waiting visas
a 'made in indian' look?
is this a nonsense fellow feeling?
or am I wrong?
we all have pains
a bitter past
it's better to pass these to others
and busy in playing
'Let's throgh the mud' game
whoever wins they are real patriot
they are the son of god
some decade ago a great man
died in this soil
I wonder and think
some day we might read
'what he said? just before his death
Hey Ram or Alla hoo akbar'
I know at that time that great man
will remain silent...
after hearing all these
god asked me
'are you an athiest? '
I replied ' my lord
I'm your loyal OPPOSITION
AND I'M happy I don't worship you'
Jyotishman Debnath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (an interview with god by Jyotishman Debnath )
- Falling Doves, Joshua Chuhran
- The Simple Life, Nate Morris
- To touch a star is to be touch by the st.., Raymond Sawyer
- A Prayer For Self Identity, Maurice Harris
- throwing sticks at the stars, Mandolyn ...
- For the Love of Poetry, Sandra Feldman
- The stars that whisper the name Star Buc.., Raymond Sawyer
- The Universe Of True Love, Poetic Lilly Emery
- A Halloween Haiku, Thomas Koron
- What a lovely night to see a star., Raymond Sawyer
Poem of the Day
- How to Write the Great American Indian N.., Sherman Alexie
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(15 September 1889 – 22 May 1948)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)