An Ocean above the Ocean
My ship sailing motionless -
I felt that I'm blessed with a notion
of being placed in a divine place,
an ocean high above the earthly ocean
on which cruising clouds crowded as
hyacinths floating on a windy surface.
Icebergs peaking high, their snowcaps
threatening a tremendous wreck, yet
I found that foamy type froth - smooth
to trade through, palpable and so near
still untouchable, my wishes remained
unquenched. I remained in a motionless ship.
This gateway to the galaxy opened
an ecstatic horizon - dream to reach
that ethereal level, sun grinning, beaming
on floating aquatics, I marveled the wonder
of finding a hovering fantasy so real, so high
above the ocean to find my ocean of clouds;
So near to God, this Godly attire the sky
wore with a floor of heavenly mosaic
on a nautical platform of billows of plumes,
an entity being hidden from the terrain below.
So elated, blissfully engulfed and domain of peace
prevailed upon my engrossed mind and soul apiece.
Enchantment soon was over, back again to my haven
I often take repose; still swim in that oceanic heaven.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Ocean above the Ocean by Gautam Sen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Simón Bolívar Day, Richard Thripp
- Death Denizens, Richard Thripp
- March to past, SALINI NAIR
- Elements Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Inner Freedom's Equality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Missing a loved mate, Ananta Madhavan
- Tears Imprisoned, The Astronomer
- Night Of Creative Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Another Love Story..., John Ugolo Umah
- nothing says nothing like this, Mandolyn Davidson