An Ode to Bond
It all began with a car chase
zooming around all over the place.
Then with the girl jumped into the boat
all others sank but they kept afloat.
Into the plane they both then went.
Got shot down but survived the descent.
Lots of fights and so action packed
much more of fiction than of fact.
Good entertainment it was fun
and as usual the lovely girl was won.
I left with the lovely girl at my side
and returned back home so full of pride.
'He was a great Bond', She said to me
'and I rate him in the topmost three.'
I said 'Dear, on that scale where am I.'
'You're off the scale was her reply.'
Upon hearing this I felt really great.
Then realised that she did not state
exactly where upon that scale she meant.
On the top or bottom of the gradient!
Yor Nella's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (An Ode to Bond by Yor Nella )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(15 February 1935 -)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
Poem of the Day
- Topics And Themes, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Getting Something Wanted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- God Provides, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People Think They Can Be Saved, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Your Work, Vera Sidhwa
- Volkstrauertag, Wolfgang Steinmann
- My Love Story, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Immensely Tantalized, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The World's Artistic Wheel, Sandra Feldman
- like being kissed in the middle of a ret.., Mandolyn ...