An Ode to Bond
It all began with a car chase
zooming around all over the place.
Then with the girl jumped into the boat
all others sank but they kept afloat.
Into the plane they both then went.
Got shot down but survived the descent.
Lots of fights and so action packed
much more of fiction than of fact.
Good entertainment it was fun
and as usual the lovely girl was won.
I left with the lovely girl at my side
and returned back home so full of pride.
'He was a great Bond', She said to me
'and I rate him in the topmost three.'
I said 'Dear, on that scale where am I.'
'You're off the scale was her reply.'
Upon hearing this I felt really great.
Then realised that she did not indicate
exactly where upon that scale she meant.
On the top or bottom of the gradient!
Yor Nella's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (An Ode to Bond by Yor Nella )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Emotions Kept Inside, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Yehi Karna Hay to Insan Banata Keyun Hay, Akhtar Jawad
- Golden Dreams, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Wind shall blow, hasmukh amathalal
- Turn to flower, hasmukh amathalal
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter3 (.., Brian Johnston
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Let poetry excel, hasmukh amathalal
- Mama's Black Breast, Ozioma Anieto