For one brief moment for both you and me
life was perfect and Camelot came to be.
There love was shown in all its fervency
as the poetry flowed so fast and free.
True feelings came to the surface unsuppressed
as moments of deep passion were expressed.
Things were said and the words can now be read
that so many years ago should have been said.
With sincerity my dear wife I can say
those words came from deep within my soul that day.
Such heights of passion and such depths of woe
as I went to places I thought I'd never go.
Yes they were real, the words that were written
Strong emotions and true love as I was smitten.
The tears and feelings came from deep within me
as I wrote those poems my soul was set free.
Yor Nella's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
'How to handle a woman?
There's a way, ' said the wise old man,
'A way known by ev'ry woman
Since the whole rigmarole began.'
Mark me well, I will tell you, sir:
The way to handle a woman
Is to love her...simply love her...
Merely love her...love her...love her.'
Comments about this poem (Camelot by Yor Nella )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Suicide's Note, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- A Happy and Sad Haiku, Merton Lee
- Plum blossoms, Wenjun Liu
- PH: Echo: Being At Choice, Brian Johnston
- I walked through your woods, Wenjun Liu
- Stray Reflection, Sunny Chopra
- Tagore Song (#13) When He comes to beg me, Tushar Ray
- Selfish, Naomi Mith
- Tagorer Song (#12) My Invisible Flute, Tushar Ray
- Tagore Song (#11) Who is this piano pla.., Tushar Ray
- THOUGHT-LIFE (Quatrains), Cynthia BuhainBaello