An Ode To Wıne
aan universal anecdote on pain
In frustration you are a companion
In limit you are an elixir and potion
A must you are in our celebrations
.Ambrosia secured through churning
By divinity and demons, of oceans,
You are a reward to their off springs.
Born you sre for the sublimation
Of everything humane, their emotions.
No poor soul could know truth eternal
Till the all knowing monarch did spell
Notion of producing you from foodgrains,
Keeping crores hungryfor the gains
Of the greedy, embodiment of devil.
From elixir, anecdote and a potion
Thry have transformed you in poison,
For uprooting of coming generations
Who could make superpower to nation.
Omnipresence as base you 've in potions,
Omnipotence you have for intoxication,
Best friend you are for those in agony,
Though deceptive mirth is your progeny.
You are in yourself were always fine
When you are only a peg of wine.
The unhappy can forget all the pain,
When you take them in your domain.
Ratnakar Mandlik's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Ode To Wıne by Ratnakar Mandlik )
- To My Love, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Scrutinized As Being Abusive, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sting, Foster Teegarden
- Some Ghoul, Foster Teegarden
- the man of christmas, Faith Taylors
- My Description, Foster Teegarden
- Scared to love you, leanne royle
- Pain, leanne royle
- Human, Foster Teegarden
- Frienship, bryan wallace
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)