An Unknown Smell
I was walking down the hill,
I saw a wild bush along the
A wonderful bunch of flower
was there, nodding with the wind
and did sway.
An unknown smell of jungle weed
put me in sheer feelings of trance,
and utter dismay.
An irresistible will to pluck
the flowers was telling me to
stand and stay.
But, the smell, the wildness
of the bunch, warned me
to go away.
Still, I stooped and plucked
and took near to my nose,
in mood gay.
Fainted I then fell on path,
as the flowers were venomous,
so to say.
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Unknown Smell by Neela Nath )
Did you read them?
- Lagos, Henry Isiekwe
- Black as the rainbow…, DEEP DARK SOUL POET
- Nightmare, Donal Mahoney
- Feel as force, hasmukh amathalal
- Lost Children, Isabella Signa
- Pastor Homer Toots His Horn, Donal Mahoney
- Seconds In Prison, Naveed Akram
- The Light Brigade Charge, John F. McCullagh
- Farewell Forever, Sacha Hayes O'Grady
- Orphans, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)