...And Born Of Light
Come here, small Angel, I can’t see the light.
Come here, little winged, and show me what’s right.
My heart is not ready, my eyes are tired.
My thoughts are diverged, against me conspired.
Patience is dying, I’ve seen it’s grey eyes.
I will watch it as it carefully dies.
Alone in the darkness, shadows abound.
Take me from the poison grip I have found.
Come here, small Angel, and teach me to fight.
My muscles are drained, I’ve fallen for night.
I’ve found a new reason for wanting death.
Teach me to forget with my final breath.
Daegal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (...And Born Of Light by Daegal )
- Oatmeal, Frank Avon
- Blackpool in a gale, sheena blackhall
- Tonight, Frank Avon
- To Eat, or Not to Eat, Frank Avon
- Hot Flashes, Mitzie Holstein
- Late and Soon, Frank Avon
- My Mermaid Muse, Erato
- A Zulu Kingdom, Margaret Alice Second
- Forever Purpurating Lavender, Stephen Warren Williams
- No Reason To Rush, Kewayne Wadley
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- On Raglan Road, Patrick Kavanagh
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)