Lawrence S. Pertillar
And...If They Knew?
Pish with no posh.
And scoop up the puppy poop.
What is your tirade for the moment? '
Anyone who becomes displeased,
By another expressing...
Their cultural and/or ethnic identities,
To laugh at in critique and in unacceptance...
Is obviously without comprehension or clarity.
If I may express this further and more...
People like that have lost dignity and integrity.
With a choice to be manipulated fools.
Denying without a clue as to 'who' they are.
If they knew? '
They would not seek to prove themselves idiots.
Or keep their ignorance within reach,
As if they have been certified to enact the validation.
And who or what brought 'this' pessimism on?
Who said 'What' about your dreads? '
That has nothing to do with my observations.
I'm not the one 'emotionally' deluded.
It took me years.
YEARS to 'allow' my dreads to grow.
And to embrace the difference it has made in my life.
I didn't just wake up to decide it was okay to be me.
I didn't grow my dreads to make a fashion statement.
And 'who' said What...
About your dreads?
Someone not as comfortable...
As the growing of them through the YEARS,
Has made you become.
I am very comfortable.
Now only if 'they' knew...
Just how comfortable you are,
We would not give them the time of day.
Now would we.
Don't try that reverse psychology on me,
With that 'we' business.
I'm only expressing an observation.
Let's not observe the others so much,
As they observe us discussing them with such intent.'
But look how they are staring at us.
'Who brought this subject up?
Who started the staring?
WITH A STOPPING TO DO IT? '
You're beginning to attract attention to yourself.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (And...If They Knew? by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- A Song Of Joys, Walt Whitman
- Fließendes Grün, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- Release yourself, Elena Ioannou
- BETCHE SAID PATIENCE, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Crazy Thing, Leah Ayliffe
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman