' And Never The Twain Shall Meet
I can't believe you're wearing that!
Your favorite holey shirt,
Your kneeless jeans and sandals
And you've got the guts to flirt!
So much for first impressions,
You'd scare them all away....
No normal gal in her right mind
Would give the time of day
To someone so despicable -
You haven't got a clue,
I guess it's just that Mars mystique
That draws the girls to you!
It's a good thing we were programmed
To look beneath the skin,
Or humanity would not survive
The predicament we're in;
If women came from Venus
And all men came from Mars......
No wonder we bear children
While men race 'round in cars!
Perhaps the great 'all knowing'
Had no idea then
How different the wiring
'Tween females and the men;
And so we do the best we can
With the gender that we've got........
Venus stays cool and misty
While Mars flames red and hot!
And still we learn to co-exist,
Appreciate each other......
But who taught you to dress like that? ? ? ?
Certainly not your mother!
*(Any similarities to certain individuals is purely coincidental - LOL!)
Linda Ori's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' And Never The Twain Shall Meet by Linda Ori )
- Jesus, God, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- माँ का सूरज कहीं खो गया, Aftab Alam
- Brother John, Colin Ian Jeffery
- पयादे से मात, Aftab Alam
- My birthday song 2, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- The Saffron Drape, Aftab Alam
- My birthday song, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Highway of Holiness, Terrance Tracy
- Hey Big Guy, My Kindred Soul, Noah Body
- COPLA 112 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(20 September 1902 – 7 March 1971)
(1886 - 1967)
(23 July 1823 - 26 November 1896)
(26 November 1731 – 25 April 1800)