He watches her sleep peacefully,
Her warm chest rise and fall,
Her kind heart beating rhythmically,
In answer to love's call.
He thinks back to the darker days,
His cold and lonely youth,
His time spent in a silent daze,
Lost in depressing truth.
He dreamt of love and happiness,
A world where pain could end,
A life without the emptiness,
Where broken hearts can mend.
He looks back at this fragile form,
This angel in disguise,
This creature that could tame a storm,
With nothing but her eyes.
He curls up close beside her now,
To gently draw her near,
To feel her breath so soft and slow,
And drift in love so dear.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angel's Rest by Arik Fletcher )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Stop, Is It Poetry
- O virgin chic..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- गु बाजिबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- A sense of destiny, Mark Heathcote
- Love Is In The Air, Johnny Goyena
- A knight errant!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- I am free to having, gajanan mishra
- Does Anyone Want Beautiful Poems Cried t.., mary douglas
- Largest house., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Tears Of A Rose, Electric Lady