My eyes are blue to hide the black,
my fingers crossed behind my back,
this act to keep the world at bay,
in lies that beg your heart to stay.
My skin is fair to hide the dark,
my scars are deep but show no mark,
this smile is wide to hide my pain,
in words that mask my thoughts again.
My spark is bright to hide my soul,
my wit is sharp to keep control,
this light you see is my facade,
the armour of my heart on guard.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Anguiped by Arik Fletcher )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- WISDOM, LOVE & TRUST, Tom Zart
- stillness and stomping lightly, Mandolyn ...
- Time And Season, Johnny Goyena
- Honesty, Tony Adah
- Child Of The Rainforest, Denis Martindale
- Cooling Off Time..., Denis Martindale
- And fairy land xxii, binod bastola
- When I was A Little Boy, ronald stroman
- keeping down apperances, lee fones
- Onkar Nath Gupta As A Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey