They love all the secrets of animal spirits,
Launching a missile at them, like a bullet or three.
Afresh the missiles flow at a second quarry,
These project a dangerous blow to the spirit inside.
My question is simple to these beasts of menace:
Why do we hate each other a lot, like a good return is given?
This income is small, it smelt of hard work,
And the animals are attacking us, just attacking us!
They love these invisible thoughts of life,
The thoughts that matter to hunters and hunted.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Animal Spirits by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Friendship's Light, Pamela Kewin
- Windmill, lee fones
- A Rise of Fury, tolu ogundare
- I Feel Your Darkness, Lilly Emery
- Arabian sea., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Winter Walk..., Denis Martindale
- Year 3000 and Beyond (A Scientific Fores.., Jesus James Llorico
- When Dreams Come, Kyle Schlicher
- Horse of the Hot Bloods, tolu ogundare
- of my Pride, sEaN nOrTh