Anonymous Love Poem...
For you, the hapless peruser,
who happens to thumb upon this page,
along a dusty shelf of books.
Was not haphazard at all;
For the page found your thumb
as it was fated to be,
as the effect finds the cause
and the cause finds you.
the heart bleeding reader.
If you would these words for you
then will it so.
for the subjective was never anyone
but the objective was always you,
the sensual stranger,
the romanticizing, lusty lover
who never turned my corner.
John Tansey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Anonymous Love Poem... by John Tansey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Edward Housman
(26 March 1859 – 30 April 1936)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Gerard Manley Hopkins
(28 July 1844 – 8 June 1889)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- On Earth Humans, Sari Mavi
- Being Exposed, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ignorance.., SALINI NAIR
- Sweet Tea!, Edward Kofi Louis
- John Masefield - Vagabundo, Paul Abucean
- The Warped Human Minds, rajendran muthiah
- Polished Nail, maria sudibyo
- Bromance In The Air, maria sudibyo
- Counting Days, maria sudibyo
- Rain in My Heart, maria sudibyo