Dr. Yogesh Sharma
In a moment,
A city was rocked,
Wreckage and wreckage.
In a moment,
All the winds flew away,
And a vacuum was left,
Filled by cadavers, blood and limbs.
A tremor shook my mind,
Like a thunder bolt,
Another city is blasted,
By fanatic traders,
Of hate and bloodbath.
Again the same old shrieks,
Same old tears, sighs, scary faces,
Body trembling with pity,
Heart throbbing with pain.
Is there anybody,
Who can stop these,
And deep shadow of terror?
Or again nation will snoop,
A secular traitor,
Singing and Dancing;
To the tune of,
"We will fight with terror, "
"We will not tolerate terrorism, "
"Cowardice act, "
"Criminals will not be spared, "
"India is a great nation, "
………….! ! !
Dr. Yogesh Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (ANOTHER BLAST by Dr. Yogesh Sharma )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Haunting nights, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Signature from my heart, Simeon Akpanudo
- On the heath, Emmanuel George Cefai
- On The Heath He Stood, Emmanuel George Cefai
- -Late Freight-, Nika McGuin
- The shepherd, Emmanuel George Cefai
- One Friend Left, Eugene Latumbo
- Night dwells to-night, Emmanuel George Cefai
- In the new city, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I am a Thinker by the Sea, mai venn