Another Specimen of Life.
In one of those icy winter nights,
From the public phone booth
Did I knew desires sprouting
With pale roots and curly shoots!
Secret and open meetings,
Off duty hours of interactions,
With usual thrills and prayers
She came IN, who is now 23.
True the scripture, NO leaf do fall
Without His will, turned true to us.
If days lived together counted,
Not be elder than a year in all.
Daily curses, complaints,
Finding faults and blaming,
Regretting the follies past
Do both of us live unduly.
Looking back with dim eyes
Can’t find anything unjust,
But others point deeds INSANE,
That drains blood and marrows.
Savings left is lots of toils,
When needed most, cant help
Or get helped, no one to blame
Even the shadow-less destiny!
Tajudeen Shah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Another Specimen of Life. by Tajudeen Shah )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Graveyard, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Symphony of Discords By K.V.Suryanarayan.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Roads, Somanathan Iyer
- It's Not Just Rain, Daniel Skentelbery
- The Day After I Shouted Abuse at the Queen, Daniel Skentelbery
- Name-Calling, Diane Hine
- A pan fried fish…?, Mark Heathcote
- The Persecuted, Sandra Feldman
- wedding day, ademola oluwabusayo
- Dream the moon, Somanathan Iyer