When fault occurred in service years ago
Aggrieved customers had many ways
By which complaints could be appeased and so
Our needs received response without delay.
In modern times however we must phone
A 'helpline' then are given many more
From which to choos another that alone
May help us but forgotten what we rang for!
If this should seem to you exaggerated
And just a product of a poet's ire
No doubt you're not yet superannuated
Or had to pull your savings from the fire.
Be sure that as the years mount up you'll find
A similar effect upon your mind.
Eric Bult's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Any complaints? by Eric Bult )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)