Changing time, cool days, hot nights
Birds in flight, smoke blowing from
Cancerous lips, bloated bellies, glazed eyes
Who sees the seas where plankton is mined
Because of depleted soybeans.
Changing times, gray skies, rainless prairies
Parched wheat, meatless plates, cataracted
Eyes don’t see ships at sea carrying surplus
Changing times, child cries, hunger prevails
Throughout the land. Man has reached the
Stars at the expense of the earth scars,
Life support systems don’t exist.
Changing times, grandparent dies, wisdom
Falls on mutant ears, electrified brain
Mummified by screams of falling bombs.
Changing times, gods die, primates screech.
Men forms beseech an entity unseen.
Changing times, man dies, insects eat,
Hellish storms, earth is cleansed, we’re
At the fore, genesis once more.
Lento Maez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Apocalypse by Lento Maez )
Did you read them?
- Fun never runs out!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Passing Winds, Tex T Sarnie
- Too Few Words, Tex T Sarnie
- Wake up!, Md. Asadullah
- viper kiss, aaron jimenez
- बहाना/ Bahaanaa, Aftab Alam
- a dream, jaquesha webb
- I Go Far to Fetch the Truth, with Hope, Aftab Alam
- One a.m., Susan Lacovara
- The War Against Lopping, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns