Changing time, cool days, hot nights
Birds in flight, smoke blowing from
Cancerous lips, bloated bellies, glazed eyes
Who sees the seas where plankton is mined
Because of depleted soybeans.
Changing times, gray skies, rainless prairies
Parched wheat, meatless plates, cataracted
Eyes don’t see ships at sea carrying surplus
Changing times, child cries, hunger prevails
Throughout the land. Man has reached the
Stars at the expense of the earth scars,
Life support systems don’t exist.
Changing times, grandparent dies, wisdom
Falls on mutant ears, electrified brain
Mummified by screams of falling bombs.
Changing times, gods die, primates screech.
Men forms beseech an entity unseen.
Changing times, man dies, insects eat,
Hellish storms, earth is cleansed, we’re
At the fore, genesis once more.
Lento Maez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Apocalypse by Lento Maez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Wildly Into The Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drunk poetry, Christian Lacdael
- Opportunities, Christian Lacdael
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...
- Purpose Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak