Changing time, cool days, hot nights
Birds in flight, smoke blowing from
Cancerous lips, bloated bellies, glazed eyes
Who sees the seas where plankton is mined
Because of depleted soybeans.
Changing times, gray skies, rainless prairies
Parched wheat, meatless plates, cataracted
Eyes don’t see ships at sea carrying surplus
Changing times, child cries, hunger prevails
Throughout the land. Man has reached the
Stars at the expense of the earth scars,
Life support systems don’t exist.
Changing times, grandparent dies, wisdom
Falls on mutant ears, electrified brain
Mummified by screams of falling bombs.
Changing times, gods die, primates screech.
Men forms beseech an entity unseen.
Changing times, man dies, insects eat,
Hellish storms, earth is cleansed, we’re
At the fore, genesis once more.
Lento Maez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Apocalypse by Lento Maez )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Holly Moon
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)