Apology Of A Sorry Soul
Let's go down memory lane
You and I together
In a timeless plane
To the place our hearts once promised forever.
Those gleeful and blissful moments
That once wrapped the embryo of our dreams
Are now but a blurred shadow
Swathed by the garb of frigid feelings in oblivion.
My penitent soul bawls and bows to angst
In the solitude of my lame and daunted visage
Reality has dawn on me to have failed you
And that I might walk the journey of ‘two' all alone.
So subtle and mild your love was
Till the camel's back was broken
To have taken your affection for granted
To have ignored the silent smiles in your stare.
So you know I have changed for the better
I am telling the world now more than ever
The fault is mine to bear
The guilt and shame heavens will see and hear.
And though respect I may lose
My heart will fail again and again to lose you
The vault in your heart that harbors sweet memories of you and me
For it and no matter what, I will fight to win your trust.
Susceptible was I to unfounded emotions
I have learned the lessons of opaque obsessions
But is anyone out there to help me beg
For the love I can't afford to let go and let loose?
It could have been anybody; sadly, it is me.
None is perfect after all
But with one more chance, I promise to keep to the call
Till lost momentous memories are found
For our gleeful and blissful moments to once again rise and abound.
Please forgive and accept a sorry soul's plea
That my troubled days may be over
And let's traverse to the future on eagles' wings
You and I together
To the place where love song is what everyone sings.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Apology Of A Sorry Soul by Michael Olajubu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Are You Okay?, Michael P. McParland
- Are You Mad At Me?, Michael P. McParland
- Anyone But You?, Michael P. McParland
- Another Year, Michael P. McParland
- Another Wish, Michael P. McParland
- Cop Killers and Killer Cops, Is It Poetry
- Another Night (Off To Sleep), Michael P. McParland
- Another Day, Michael P. McParland
- Hands on Hips, Mae AC.
- Hands in Pockets, Mae AC.