Apology Of A Sorry Soul
Let's go down memory lane
You and I together
In a timeless plane
To the place our hearts once promised forever.
Those gleeful and blissful moments
That once wrapped the embryo of our dreams
Are now but a blurred shadow
Swathed by the garb of frigid feelings in oblivion.
My penitent soul bawls and bows to angst
In the solitude of my lame and daunted visage
Reality has dawn on me to have failed you
And that I might walk the journey of ‘two' all alone.
So subtle and mild your love was
Till the camel's back was broken
To have taken your affection for granted
To have ignored the silent smiles in your stare.
So you know I have changed for the better
I am telling the world now more than ever
The fault is mine to bear
The guilt and shame heavens will see and hear.
And though respect I may lose
My heart will fail again and again to lose you
The vault in your heart that harbors sweet memories of you and me
For it and no matter what, I will fight to win your trust.
Susceptible was I to unfounded emotions
I have learned the lessons of opaque obsessions
But is anyone out there to help me beg
For the love I can't afford to let go and let loose?
It could have been anybody; sadly, it is me.
None is perfect after all
But with one more chance, I promise to keep to the call
Till lost momentous memories are found
For our gleeful and blissful moments to once again rise and abound.
Please forgive and accept a sorry soul's plea
That my troubled days may be over
And let's traverse to the future on eagles' wings
You and I together
To the place where love song is what everyone sings.
Michael Olajubu's Other Poems
Topic(s): love and pain
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Apology Of A Sorry Soul by Michael Olajubu )
- May I help you, gajanan mishra
- UNPROVEN FALSEHOOD, johnny case
- Not good, gajanan mishra
- Trials And Tribulations, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Friends, you are here, gajanan mishra
- Thoughts of Unknowing Ness (Complex Poet.., Marieta Maglas
- A Carpet On The Ground, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Regrets, hannah wilbert
- Zones Of Pleasure, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Real friend, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)